The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost
TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
In the world of education, we stand at the divergence of these two roads. One road will lead into the unknown possibilities of 21st Century education, while the other leads down the more familiar lanes and comfortable dusty roads that have often been traversed over the past 100 years of public education.
For those who seek to take the "road less traveled", the road towards 21st Century learning and teaching, there is often one major obstacle that stands in the way of this great adventure: Funding! Many long to be able to tell the great story of how their school system was able to begin the great journey into the world of 1:1 computing, and the new age of education; and yet they struggle to see how in this time of financial struggle, and budget cuts that their school could ever take that first step down that "road less traveled."
This page has been designed to help those whose seek to take that first step down that undiscovered road, and help them understand how to remove the obstacle of funding that lays at the very beginning of this long journey of transforming education into a new era.
No comments:
Post a Comment